When you're in love, you want to scream it at the top of your lungs. But sometimes it's hard to find the right words to express all those overwhelming emotions we're feeling.
Luckily, love has existed as long as humankind, and there have been many before us who have managed to capture that perfect moment and freeze it in time with beautiful words.
Here are 6 most unique love quotes when you're in the mood for romance and need some inspiration.
- "When you love someone, they become your reason." – David Levithan
When you love someone, you're capable of doing whatever it takes for them, even move mountains. They become the reason to thrive, to grow, to live. They are your biggest inspiration to be a better person.
- "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." – Dr. Seuss
There's not a better feeling in the world than those butterflies in your stomach that doesn't let you sleep once you fall in love. And Dr. Seuss has the perfect explanation – when you're in love, your reality is so much better than any dream, and you just want to enjoy every moment of it.
- "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves." – Victor Hugo
We are not perfect. We have tons of faults, imperfections and insecurities. But then somebody comes along who loves us with all our virtues and flaws; somebody who appreciates us despite our imperfections and erases our insecurities. And that is truly the greatest happiness.
- "Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell." – Joan Crawford
Love has the power to heal and the power to destroy, and sometimes it's scary because we don't know which one it's going to be. And yes, sometimes we get burned by love, but the only way to know its true power is to give in to that fire and hope it's the one that warms our heart.
- "Love is not blind. It has perfect vision. It makes it possible for us to see as we have never seen before." – Leo Buscaglia
We often hear the saying that love is blind. But, what if it's not? Sure, love makes us overlook the flaws and bad things but it also makes us see something that nobody else sees in the person we love. And it makes us see all the beauties of the world as never before.
- "If I had a flower for every time I thought of you... I could walk through my garden forever." – Alfred Tennyson
One of the most famous quotes of Lord Alfred Tennyson colorfully describes that feeling of hopeless devotion when you can't stop thinking about the person you love. Sweet and painful at the same time, we are completely overpowered by our thoughts.
When you need more than words…
You don't need a perfect love quote to show someone how much your care. A simple 'I love you' will do. And when you need more than words to express your feelings, treat them to a rose as eternal as your love.